My Next Race

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving friends!!! How was your Thanksgiving? Do you and your family have any fun traditions?

This year Thanksgiving was a little bit different for me. Last year I did my first 10k on Thanksgiving Day. I was determined to make it a tradition for me, but this year I'm on the injured list with my hip injury, so I didn't get to do that. But, Thanksgiving was a little bit different in other ways as well.

The past 2 years we had Thanksgiving at our house. Last year my Aunt came and so did my grandma and grandpa. The year before I think it was just my grandma and grandpa that came (I can't remember). It was VERY stressful. Well, this year it's going to change.

I found out the other day that this year it's going to be up at my grandma and grandpa's house. My Aunt might come, she might be out of town though. My other aunt, her family has gotten so big with her 3 kids and all of their kids, that they just do their own Thanksgiving now, which is very understandable.

Well, as I've stated many times in previous blogs, I feel like I am the black sheep of the family. Whenever we have family get togethers, nobody ever talks to me. I try to make an effort to insert myself in to conversations, but it never works. I feel very left out with my family and extended family. Now, I'm not saying that the entire converstation needs to revolve around me, but I need to not be ignored as well.

I was going to go up to Cracker Barrel for Thanksgiving; however I decided not to go that route. I heard something yesterday that seriously FREAKED me out. I was watching TV before I went to work & they were saying that the average Thanksgiving meal is 3500 calories!!! HOLY CRAP!!! That is more calories than I consume in 2 days! Now I'm sure the 3500 calories is if you go back for seconds and thirds on EVERYTHING. One of my friends on Facebook said the average calories is 1500. That's about what I eat in a day, maybe a little less.

Because of all of the weight I've lost, I'm very conscious of what I eat. Because I'm not running right now, that makes me even a little more conscious of what I eat. I allow myself one day a week (Saturday) to eat whatever I want, and even then, I watch what I eat. Because a little while ago, I was sick and I was injured, so I put on more weight than I would've liked; therefore, I'm really trying right now to lose that weight again. I want to go through one holiday season of not gaining a massive amount of weight like I have the past couple of years.

So, this is what I ended up doing for Thanksgiving:



It was only 290 calories!!! I can handle that. Then I had a Smart Ones dessert that was only 130 calories.

Now honestly, I have to say, I think I have some sort of eating disorder. I don't think it's normal for someone to freak out this much about Thanksgiving dinner. I'm working on figuring out how to deal with it & I hope that one day I can not worry about Thanksgiving, have it with my family and not worry about my calorie consumption.

No comments: