My Next Race

Sunday, December 4, 2011

As Luck Would Have It...

I was going to start running this week. As many might now from previous posts, or from my posts on Twitter, I've had a hip injury. I tore a muscle in my hip and I haven't been running in 4 weeks.

I was talking with my personal trainer on Saturday and he asked me how I was feeling. My hip has been feeling pretty good lately. I can go days without it hurting. So, B.J. and I decided that he would slowly start easing me in to running again. He would only put running on my workout schedule for like 1 to 2 miles at a time and it would be after a bike ride or something.

I was SO excited to start running again. But...as luck would have it...I came down with a cold yesterday. The picture below is EXACTLY how I feel. :(



I've started taking cold medicine and I'm taking it every 4 - 6 hours around the clock, so hopefully I'll be able to kick this cold as soon as possible.

I can't wait to get out & start running again. I want to start training for my full marathon in May!

6 comments:

Tawni Williams said...

YAY for running! BOO for the cold :)

Anonymous said...

Awwww stupid cold! It'll be gone with some sleep and chicken noodle soup! Feel better!

misszippy said...

Timing is everything! So sorry about that. As one who is coming back from injury too, I KNOW how much that stinks! Feel better.

Swim Bike Mom said...

Dang... that cold. Me too. Hope you get feeling better. Took me a week. Happy New year!

nelson mutua said...

The intense physical workout proved to be a good relief. Want to know more about gym accessories? Find more information on this website.

Volentino Thomas said...

This article will give you some tips on what to look for when you are out looking for your Fitness Baddy. If you are curious to know more about fitness baddies, check here.