My Next Race

Monday, April 19, 2010

My First Tri of 2010

This last Saturday was my first triathlon of 2010. It went amazingly well! My final time was 1:25:26.7, which is 3 minutes better than my best time from 2009! Woot woot!!! Yay!!!

This particular triathlon that I did is kind of difficult. Right now I just do sprint triathlons which is a 3.2 mile run, 10 mile bike ride and a 350 yard swim. This particular triathlon, the bike is the hardest part because there are 2 hills, one right after another that are pretty big hills that are hard to climb on the bike. I can always make it up the first hill, it's the second hill that I always have difficulty with and end up getting off my bike and walking up half of the hill.

The swim is usually really easy. This year, I just ran in to a little problem that through me for a loop for a minute. I finished swimming the first lane and went under the rope and started swimming the second lane, and my goggles fell off!!! Needless to say, I had a ton of water coming in to my eyes. Basically, when I first got in the pool, I was in such a hurry, I didn't make sure that the strap on my goggles was far enough down on the back of my head, so they slipped off. So, I just had to stop for a second and put my goggles back on and I didn't have any more problems!

So, here are a couple of pictures of my triathlon. Normally I would have more pictures, but my dad's camera decided not to work, so he only had my cell phone and that doesn't take very good pictures. You can see more pictures of me at the triathlon at http://www.zazoosh.com/members/viewGallery/2312


Me right before the race started.


Coming in from the run.

No comments: