My Next Race

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"Oh How I Hate to Get Up in the Morning..."

Every morning (except Saturday & Sunday), I'm up at 4:30 a.m. to head to the pool to swim 50 laps (this week I'm experimenting with something and am only swimming 40 laps).

We actually don't get to get in to the pool close to 5:00 a.m., so I'm usually sitting on the pool deck for about 10-15 minutes. I have to get there that early though 'cause otherwise I won't get a lane to swim in because lots of people like to swim for their workout.

Anywho, I usually don't get to bed at night until between 11:00 - 11:15 p.m. So, it's usually a struggle every morning to get out of bed, but I manage to do it 'cause I know it's not going to take that long to go swimming.

But this morning as I was getting up to go swimming, this song popped in my head that I always remember my mom singing, but I didn't know all the words to the song. All I remember (and the words I remember I found out aren't quite accurate) is "Oh how I hate to get up in the morning, oh how I'd rather be lying in bed. Some day I'm going to kill the alarm clock, someday I'm going to find it dead." I was asking my dad if he remembers the song and he told me to Google it and I found the song!

Pardon my stupidity, but I didn't even realize it was a real song! Haha!!! So, here's a video of the song. It's my sentiments exactly some mornings. :)

No comments: