My Next Race

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My First Half Marathon

This last Saturday, 10/9/10, I was able to compete in my first half marathon. I had SO much fun!!! It was up in Layton, UT. I got done with the race and immediately wanted to sign up for another half marathon that is taking place down in Provo, UT on 10/30/10; however, I decided against it since I have a triathlon one week later.

My only goal with this 1/2 marathon was to run the entire 13.1 miles and to not finish last. I definitely succeeded. I'm happy to say that I ran the entire 13.1 miles in a total of 2:12:34.4, which means I ran a 10 minute mile the entire time. I've never run that fast before!!! Another thing that I'm SUPER proud of (I know this might sound silly), but I didn't even have to make any potty stops!!! I was totally expecting to have to make potty stops because whenever I run on the treadmill or run in the evenings and I'm running 13 miles, I usually have to make 2-3 potty stops. After thinking about it though, it makes perfect sense why I didn't have to. I'd only eaten one light meal before my 1/2 marathon; whereas when I run in the evenings, I've eaten three whole meals.

But anywho...here are a couple of pictures and 2 videos. The first video is of us all starting the race and the second video is of me crossing the finish line.

A big thank you to my mom & dad and their cowbells for cheering me on and taking the videos/pictures.

This is a picture of the starting/finish line.


Me before the start of the race.


Me warming up before the race.


This is all of us at the starting line. You'll quickly see me run by. Sorry it's kinda dark...it was at 7:00 a.m.


This video is pretty short, but it's me running in to the finish line.

No comments: