My Next Race

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Last Race of 2010

My last race of 2010 was on Thanksgiving Day. It was a 10k (6.2 miles) at the local rec. center. I'm sad that my last race is over.

The race was ALOT of fun. It was hard, it was cold, but it was alot of fun. Because it was so cold (high teens) I made sure that I layered my clothing that morning. On the bottom, I wore leggings and sweatpants and then on top I wore a long sleeved thermal underwear shirt, a regular long sleeved shirt, and then a sweatshirt. I also made sure that I had gloves and earmuffs too. However, about 2 miles in to the race, I started getting pretty warm, but it would've been too big of a production to stop and take my sweatshirt off and keep my earmuffs, gloves and earphones on, so I just decided to deal with the heat.

Thankfully, when I got to the finish line, my dad was waiting for me with a giant cup of coffee and the race organizers had little bonfires in fire pits all around. :)

My final time was 1:05:14.4, which ends up being about a 10 1/2 minute mile. I'm pleased with this time; however, I think I would've done better if I would've remembered to eat my Jelly Belly Energy Beans before the race. Ehh...oh well.

My dad was going to record the beginning of the race, but he accidentally pushed the wrong button, so we just have the one picture of me standing in line waiting to pick up my packet, and then he recorded me crossing the finish line.



No comments: