My Next Race

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Swimming Apparel

Alot of people have asked me what kind of swim wear I buy and what different equipment I use when I swim.

About 1 1/2 years ago, I found that THE BEST swim wear for practicing is Dolphin brand Uglies swim wear. I know the name is funny, but the swim suits last SO much longer than others. The swim suits are made out of polyester, so I can normally get a swimsuit to last 6-8 months. Before I wore Uglies, I was buying a new swim suit every 2-3 months. That can get expensive. A couple of the designs on the swim suits aren't the most attractive, but they've got some awesome swim suits. Plus, they have seasonal ones.






As far as goggles go, I used to use Speedo Baja goggles, but my personal trainer suggested TYR Tracer goggles. I've been hooked on TYR Tracers ever since. I always have a pair I wear for in the pool and I have a pair for open water swimming. TYR Tracers have a really good seal to them and they don't leak water at all.




Last but not least, I use the TYR buoy and TYR hand paddles. I've never used any different, so I don't know much about the other brands. My personal trainer suggested TYR hand paddles because they are shaped like the hand and you can kind of grow in to them if you need to.




As for swim caps, I use whatever. I usually get a free swim cap in my race swag bags, so I use those. I usually end up replacing them every 3 months, but I just got a new swim cap for my birthday and I can't wait to use it.

Question:

What brand of swim suit do you use?

Do you have a favorite goggle you use?

Do you use the hand paddles and buoys?

No comments: