My Next Race

Monday, February 22, 2010

Down from 10 to 7

Earlier this year I started looking for triathlon's to do and I made a calendar on my computer and made of list of all of the triathlon's I wanted to do. I did 3 triathlon's last year. This year I wanted to do at least 5 triathlon's.

Well, yesterday, I was looking for triathlon's online and going through my calendar and noticed that I had found 10 triathlon's that I wanted to do!!! Ten!!! That's alot, but I thought I could do it.

Then, today as I'm looking through the list and seeing how much it's gonna cost to register for them, if I did all 10, it'd cost about $400 just to register for them, and then I'd need to get a hotel for 1 night for 2 of the triathlon's and then gas and everything to get to and from the triathlon's, it'd be about a total of $700. I just can't stomach paying that much this year. So, I've narrowed my list down to 7 triathlon's that I'm going to do this year. Only 1 of them is away and I'll need to get a hotel for one night. I'm kinda bummed, but I know this is in my best interest.

Another thing I'm debating right now, is, I've been invited by 3 different people to do the MS 175 in June. What is the MS 175 you may ask? It's a century ride on your bicycle. You can ride either 40, 60 or 100 miles all in one day on your bike. I really wanna do it. A local radio station has invited me to be on their team, a teacher from the high school I went to has invited me to be on their team, and my friend has invited me to be on her team. The only kicker is, to be able to ride in this century, you have to raise $250. Now, I'm all for donating $$$ to charity, but I just don't have $250 to donate, and I don't feel comfortable asking family to donate to it. So, we'll see what happens there. I really wanna do the ride because it's a challenge, but I don't know if I'll be able to come up with the money.

No comments: