My Next Race

Monday, March 15, 2010

4.0 Miles

I've reached a milestone in my jogging. For the longest time it took me a while to get to the point where I could jog 3.2 miles without stopping to walk. Then the Christmas season came and work got super busy and I didn't get to workout much, so I had to work myself back up to jogging 3.2 miles without stopping.

Well, tonight, after not working out for almost a week (I was on vacation and I wasn't feeling well), I was able to jog 4.0 miles without stopping to walk! Woohoo!!!

This makes me doubly excited because now I'm going to do my first 10k (6.4 miles) this summer. My company is creating a jogging/running group and I'm going to join it and do a race with them. I have the option of either doing a 10k or doing a 1/2 marathon (13.1 miles). I'd really like to do the 1/2 marathon, but I don't know if that would be overshooting it and I don't know if I'm ready to do the 1/2 marathon, so I will be happy with doing a 10k. Yay!

No comments: