My Next Race

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Running and Counting

I don't think I've ever mentioned this before, but I thought it might be a helpful hint for anybody else that struggles with jogging.

When I first started my weight loss journey a little over a year ago, the one activity that I dreaded the most was jogging. I just wasn't good at it and I didn't like it. Now, fast forward 1 year and I find myself not hating jogging, but not madly in love with it either. I enjoy it.

When I first started jogging, I think one of the reasons I didn't like it and thought I wasn't good at it was because I had a hard time keeping my pace. I never had a steady pace. I was talking with my mom about this one day and she said to count your strides.

I've been counting my strides ever since. When I first started counting my strides, I would do 100 strides and then I would stop and walk until I felt like I could jog again. If I felt like I could jog longer than 100 strides, I would.

Now, I'm up to wear I can jog 7.0 miles at a time. :) Yay! I still count my strides too.

Maybe this will help you!

No comments: