My Next Race

Monday, May 31, 2010

Awesome Ride

Today me and my friend Gina went for a 31 mile bike ride. We went from the East side of the Salt Lake City Airport all the way out to the marina at the Great Salt Lake, out by Saltair. Out and back it was 31.4 miles.

It was awesome and I enjoyed every minute of it. The only down part was, and this might sound kind of weird...it wasn't challenging enough. It was a flat ride all the way out, and on the way back, there was a super slight incline, you most likely wouldn't even feel it.

We had a little bit of a head wind on our way out, but on the way back, the only wind we had was the wind we were creating ourselves.

Next time I do this particular ride, I'm going to be adventurous and instead of driving out to where the trail starts, I'm just going to ride my bike there, which will add an additional 12 miles (approximately) each way.

This is the farthest I have ever rode before. It's after rides like this where you have a feeling of accomplishment and it's like you have this feeling of "I can accomplish anything"! I love it!

No comments: