My Next Race

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Biking Uphill

This might sound stupid, but I'm kind of proud of myself...

Yes, I've been cycling and working out for over 1 year now, but I've always had a hard time with riding my bike up a hill. It just tires me out. Well, tonight I feel like I made great strides!

When I ride my bike, I always ride a certain route and on the route there are 2 hills. They don't look like big hills, but when you're riding your bike up them, they're pretty rough. I'm not too good at riding my bike while standing up because I don't feel like I have that much control over the bike, but tonight, I was able to climb 1 1/2 of the hills standing up on the bike the whole time!

Now, I realize this sounds stupid, but my arms and legs have always gotten tired about 1/2 way up the hill before tonight.

Plus, I rode my bike 21 miles tonight and that has usually taken me close to around 2 hours to do, but tonight, it only took me about 1 1/2 hours. Yay!

No comments: