My Next Race

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Canyon to Canyon 1/2 Marathon and 10k

Today I did the 10k Canyon to Canyon with a bunch of people from work. A couple of people did the 1/2 marathon, but I didn't think I'd be able to do it, so I just ran the 10k (6.2 miles).

It started up in East Canyon and went down the Jeremy Ranch Dirt Road. I've never ran on a dirt road before so I was a little iffy about that, but it was fine. They said there would be rolling hills, and after my experience yesterday, I was kind of nervous about that too. But overall, it went pretty well.

I haven't got my official time yet, but as I was running in to the finish line, the clock said something close to 1:10. That's the best I've ever ran.

This run was a little challenging for me because there were some pretty big hills we had to run up. They were so big that I was running so slow I might as well have been walking, but I was hell bent on running the whole course, which I did.

The only problem I ran in to with this run is my earphones. I hate them. They aren't the kind I usually have that wrap around your ear, they are just what you call earbuds, and they kept falling out of my ears. Grrr...

But, anywho, here are some pictures from the race:

Me coming down the last hill to go in to the finish line.

Me rounding the corner to the finish line.

A group of me and some of my co workers from JCPenney who also ran the 10k.



I just got done with the race. Pardon the sweat marks under the boobs! Lol.



Me clipping off my timing chip. They had some weird timing chips that you used a zip tie and attached it to your shoe laces. Never had a timing chip like that before.

Me and my friend Ted. I'm SO proud of him. He ran part of the 10k and walked part of the 10k. This is the first race he's done! Way to go!

No comments: