My Next Race

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Food!

So, someone brought to my attention that this blog is alot about my increased activity, but I haven't mentioned much about how I've cut back on my eating, etc., so I thought I'd post some information about my new eating habits.

When I first started my weight loss journey, to control my food portions etc., I was counting calories, measuring and weighing my food and eating smaller portions. I looked up on the internet to see what my average daily calorie intake should be (when I first started out I think it was 1200) and I really started counting calories and looking on labels of food and stuff like that. I don't really count calories any more just because I'm so used to the smaller portions and I know what size portion looks right, etc., does that make sense? But when I first started out, and even now, the Smart Ones frozen meals and Lean Cuisines are what I eat for lunch every day. If my family is not having something very healthy for dinner, I'll have a Smart Ones for dinner as well. I do allow myself one "cheat" day a week, Saturday's, where I can splurge and eat not as healthy. I don't go to the complete other end of the spectrum and eat a cheeseburger, fries, or something like that, but I'll treat myself to a candy bar or something like that.

I've just found that almost any food out there, you can make it healthy. :) I mean, I LOVE a good cheeseburger, but if you just substitute ground beef with ground turkey burger and then just leave the mayo off the bun and use fat free cheese...it's DELICIOUS!!!

No comments: