My Next Race

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My First Tri

So my first triathlon was in August of 2009. It was ALOT of fun! It was a run/bike/swim. I really like having the run first because that is my least favorite event, so I can get it out of the way. Plus, if the swim is last, the pool is less crowded. :)

But, my only goal with this triathlon was to finish it on and to NOT come in last. I thought it would take me at least 2 hours to do the triathlon, but in one of the pictures below you'll see my finish time.

While I was training for this tri, I thought maybe I'd just do this one and then I'd be done. As soon as I got home from the triathlon, I was looking for more triathlon's to do.

It was AWESOME. I had my co-workers come out and cheer me on and my mom & dad, my brother & his family & my aunt all came out and cheered me on. It was AWESOME!!! I tell ya, the cheering section makes it alot easier to do the race.




Me jogging (3.2 miles) (I'm in the blue tank top)


Me coming back from the bike portion (10 miles).


Me swimming. I'm in the lane closest. My brother was an awesome coach. I had to swim 14 laps.

This picture is kinda blurry, but it shows my finish time!!! I did 15 minutes better than I expected!!!

No comments: