My Next Race

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Food Posts

I apologize for not posting very much about food. I realized why I don't, and it's because I eat pretty much the same thing every day.

Well, and I have to say, I don't think it really matters as much what you eat, it matters more that it's portion control. Granted, you still need to eat a little healthier than say fast food all day every day, but I think it's more about portion control.

But, anywho, I thought I'd let you guys know basically what I eat on a daily basis and then you can see why I don't post too much about food. Now, I don't necessarily recommend this eating menu for everyone. You just have to figure out what works best for you, and this is what works best for me.

Breakfast - 2 packets of sugar-free instant oatmeal (100 calories for each packet), a low fat Wal-Mart brand yogurt and a piece of fresh fruit.

Lunch - Either a Lean Cuisine or Smart Ones frozen lunch and a salad. Now, with a salad, I think you need to be careful what you put in the salad because some stuff (croutons) aren't the healthiest. But, what I put in my salad is fresh mushrooms, one spoonful of black eyed peas, a small spoonful of mandarin oranges (in their own juices), and 5 black olives. If I have a cucumber, I'll put slices of cucumber in there too. Then I have fat-free Italian dressing. Now that we're getting in to cooler weather, Campbell's Soup makes really good healthy soups that are usually only between 200-300 calories a can, so instead of having a Smart Ones or Lean Cuisine, I might have soup instead.

Dinner - I usually have whatever my family is having, it's just in smaller portions. If I feel like what they're eating isn't healthy, then I'll repeat what I had for lunch.

Dessert - 100 calorie pack of microwave popcorn.

Snacks - Throughout the day, if I get the munchies, I have a stash of fresh veggies (baby carrots, celery sticks) that I munch on.

Now, Saturday is my cheat day, so I can eat whatever I want that day. :)

No comments: