My Next Race

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Dehydrated


I woke up super late this morning (1:30 p.m.), so I decided to hold off running today until about 7:00 p.m. when it would be cooler outside.

I am supposed to run 11 miles each time I run this week so that I can prepare for my 1/2 marathon in 3 weeks.

When I went running tonight, unfortunately, I was only able to run 6.5 miles. Why? I got super dehydrated. I had water with me and I even stopped at one of the parks and refilled my water bottle, but I was SO super dehydrated that I was getting extremely sick to my stomach. Thankfully, my brother lives on my running route, so I was able to stop at their home and he gave me a ride home.

It just doesn't occur to me to drink water during the day if I'm not thirsty. I need to make a more conscious effort to stay hydrated during the day. I will definitely be drinking more water tomorrow so that when I go running tomorrow night I won't get dehydrated.

No comments: