My Next Race

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

This is what it looks like you when you trip...

This is what it looks like when you trip and fall while running:




Monday night I headed out on my nightly run. I was all set to run 11 miles. I got about 4, maybe 5 miles in to my run and there was a level difference on the sidewalk. I cleared it with my one foot, and I thought I'd cleared it with my other foot, but I didn't and I went down. I was pissed!

I thought about continuing on with my run, but when I looked down at my knee and looked at my wrist and saw how bad the scrape was, I turned around and ran home.

My dad helped me clean it out and bandage it up; however, Tuesday, my knee was weeping REALLY bad. I had to change the bandage half way through the day because it was soaked and it was starting to soak through my pants. I called my dad and he said that all the weeping meant that there was still dirt, or something still in the scrape, so lucky me, when I got home from work last night, I had to scrub out the scrape. Not my idea of fun. It was painful, but thankfully it is now healing really well.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to go swimming all week because you can't get in the pool with open sores. :( Boo.

No comments: