My Next Race

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Personal 1/2 Marathon


My first official 1/2 marathon (13.1 miles) is coming up in 3 weeks. I'm kind of nervous about it. The most I've ever run (without stopping to walk) at one time is 10 miles.

I've been told a couple of times that if you can run 10 miles then you'll have no problem doing a 1/2 marathon.

So, yesterday, I decided I would try this out. Not too far from my house is a trailhead to the Legacy Trail which is fairly flat and is long enough to run 13.1 miles. I took my water bottle with me and I started out kind of early in the morning. I was doing pretty good until about mile 10.5 and then it was like hitting a brick wall. I had run out of water and there were no water stops on the trail. :(

I did 13.1 miles that day; however, I walked probably 1.5 - 2.0 miles of it. :( I feel like if I wouldn't have run out of water I would've been able to complete the 13.1 miles.

I'm fairly confident that by October 9th, I'll be able to run the 13.1 miles in my official first 1/2 marathon.

No comments: