My Next Race

Friday, October 14, 2011

Las Vegas Ragnar Relay


This next weekend I will be doing the Las Vegas Ragnar Relay! I'm SUPER excited, but also scared out of my mind.

Earlier this year I did the Epic Cache-Teton Relay. It was alot of fun. Because of injuries I ended up running 4 legs (about 20 miles). It didn't phase me at all. It was really quite easy for me.

So, when I found out I was doing the Las Vegas Ragnar, I told my team captain to give me a challenge...and she did. I basically volunteered to run the hardest legs on the course.

Take a look here at runner # 7's legs. Yup, those are the legs I'm running. Lord help me!

The past 2 days I've been running City Creek Canyon to get my hills in hoping that it'll help me, but it has been rough. Tomorrow I have to run a total of 11 miles, so I'm going to go in to City Creek tomorrow morning to run all 11 miles.

Hopefully by next weekend I'll be good and ready for Ragnar. I'm also the strongest female runner in my van. So, I wouldn't be surprised, and I honestly don't mind, if I need to get out and help the other runners, even if it's running along side of them and giving them verbal support. I know how much that helps.

I will keep everyone abreast next weekend via Facebook and Twitter how things are going.

No comments: