My Next Race

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Ready or Not

Ready or not, here I come 1/2 marathon. In 2 days I'm running the Layton 1/2 Marathon.

This is my second year running this 1/2 marathon and I'm pretty excited. They've changed the course a little bit and I'm super excited. Last year it was an out and back course. This year, they're bussing us out to the causeway to Antelope Island and then we'll run back 13.1 miles. I'm excited to be running on the causeway. This is a nice run. Last year I saw parts of Layton that I've never seen before and I've lived in Utah my entire life. Lol. It's actually a pretty flat course too.

I wanted to do the full marathon. I emailed the race directors a couple of months ago to see if I could upgrade and do the full marathon, but they never emailed me back, so I'm just sticking with the 1/2 marathon. My first full marathon will be next May.

Earlier this week I wasn't feeling to hot. I'd been sick for about 2 weeks and this last Monday was the first day I felt REALLY good. So, I've been working out every day this week. I've been pretty worried lately about my running this 1/2. Especially since I haven't been able to workout as much lately.

Today while I was at work, I just got this overwhelming feeling that I'm SO ready for this race. I might not set a PR, but mentally I am ready for this race.

Ideally I'd love to finish this race in less than 2 hours, but I don't think that's too practical considering I've been sick and this is the first full week I've been able to workout. Last year I finished in 2:10:00, so I ran a 10 minute mile, but I just don't think it's practical to hope I finish in less than 2 hours. I'll be happy just finishing.


Me before the race last year

No comments: