My Next Race

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Best Time

I had my best time ever running up City Creek Canyon on Friday. It was an out and back 5 mile run. So I ran 2 1/2 miles up, and 2 1/2 miles back. There are parts of the canyon that are pretty steep. The farther up you go, the steeper it gets.

But, I only did 5 miles 'cause that's the amount of time I had available to me. I did it in 50 minutes. So, I stuck to a 10 minute mile the entire time. I'm pretty satisfied with that considering I hadn't been running for a while.

I was so excited to be back out & running. I had gone swimming Friday morning as well. I was feeling pretty good.

Unfortunately, about midnight on Friday, I felt like I hit a brick wall. My cold came back. :( It's more a chest cold than it is a head cold. It really sucks. So, I'm back to taking Mucinex every 12 hours and I hope that it clears up asap.

No matter what, I've got to get up and go swimming tomorrow morning and running tomorrow night. Come hell or high water, I'm going to do my 1/2 marathon next Saturday.

No comments: