My Next Race

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Not This Year

I had to send 2 emails tonight that I REALLY didn't want to send. I was looking online and doing research to find a hotel down in St. George for 5/6/11 - 5/10/11 because I'm supposed to volunteer at the Ironman St. George.

After looking at prices of hotels, I just can't justify spending $300+ on a hotel right now. I've got other things I need to purchase for my races, etc.

Honestly, I'm VERY concerned about money right now. I just don't seem to have enough money for everything. It really irritates me that people at my work think I make more $$$ than I do and just because I live at home, they think I don't have any bills. Money is just a major concern for me right now and spending $300+ on a hotel, I just can't do it.

So, tonight I had to send an email to the volunteer captain people at the Ironman to see if I can back out of volunteering this year. Hopefully it's still far enough away that I can back out.

I'm actually really quite upset that I can't volunteer this year now. I can only imagine how inspiring it would be to go down and volunteer at the Ironman and be in the presents of these amazing athletes. Oh well, I have to do what I have to do, you know? There's always next year.

I hope they get back with me soon.

No comments: