My Next Race

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Shin Splints

I've been having pain in my leg lately and haven't been able to figure out why. I swore off that it wasn't shin splints because it wasn't on my shin. It was to the side of my shin.

Well, today I did some research online and low and behold, it's shin splints!!! :( This is no bueno because I have my first race of the season in 13 days!

So, my friend told me about KT Tape:



I went to Sports Authority today and bought me some KT Tape and taped up my leg.



I am praying that this will help! I don't know what else to do. I've been putting Bengay on my leg, but it doesn't seem to help alot.

They (the people on the internet, WebMD, etc.,) say that when you get shin splints, you need to take a break from running until you get over your shin splints. I honestly don't know if I can do that knowing that I have a race in 13 days! Crap! What do I do. It seriously scares me to take 1 day off from running.

Hopefully this KT Tape will help. Cross your fingers for me.

No comments: