My Next Race

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Facing the Giant

This video was posted on Facebook today & it really hit home with me.

When I was competing in my first Olympic distance triathlon I wanted to quit SO bad. As I was watching this video, I understood SO much what the football player was saying when he kept saying "Am I there yet?".

I'm SO glad I didn't quit though. To date, my Olympic distance triathlon was the hardest race I have done to date...but I wouldn't change it for the world. I've learned things from that race and it will do nothing but make me a better athlete. As I was watching this video I was thinking to myself, I will NEVER quit. Someone will have to carry me off the course before I quit. If I have to crawl across the finish line, that is what I'll do.

In all of my races from here on out, this coach's voice is going to be in my head "Don't quit. Don't ever quit!" "Don't quit til you have nothin' left."

No comments: