My Next Race

Monday, August 22, 2011

Fellowshipping

I'm not sure how to start this particular post, so I'm just going to start typing. If I ramble, I'm sorry, but this particular topic this post is about, I'm not sure how to compile it in to a grammatically correct post, etc.

Also, I would love to hear people's opinion on this subject.

Also, I can't decide whether to post this particular subject on this blog or on my personal blog, so I'm going to post it both places, so if you read both blogs, I'm sorry for the repetitiveness of it.

I know I've got a few new readers to my blog, so let me backtrack a little. I was raised a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormon). A few years ago, I ventured away from the church and haven't looked back. I don't practice their beliefs, etc., however, I still live at home with my parents who are VERY active in the church, etc.

My dad came home from church a couple of weeks ago and said that the young men & young women of the church were going to be doing a memorial type walk from the Draper, UT temple to the Salt Lake City temple, which is a total of 22.7 miles, and my dad being an EMT, volunteered to be a medic in case anyone got injured.

My dad invited me to do the walk/run. I told him I would think about it, but I wasn't sure.

Now, my issue with all of this is, the people who are organizing this, EVERYONE in the neighborhood knows how big I am in to fitness, etc. If the church is SO much in to fellowshipping and they really want people to come to church, etc., then why hasn't anybody approached me about helping with this walk? My dad even told me last night, they're looking for someone to ride a bicycle in between the 2 medic vehicles (there will be 1 in the front of the group, and 1 behind the group). I would almost be willing to bet you that I'm one of the only people in the neighborhood/ward that has a decent road bike that could do this. I can't imagine riding this 22.7 miles on a mountain bike. It would be dreadful.

But like I said earlier, if the church is SO big in to getting the inactive folks active and fellowshipping, why hasn't anybody approached me about this? I kind of feel like the church is contradicting themselves by saying that they are in to fellowshipping, etc., but then they don't do it.

No comments: