My Next Race

Sunday, August 28, 2011

TITS = Time In the Saddle

First off, I learned the acronym TITS from reading Sarah's blog found here.

Today, my workout was to ride 2 hours on my bike. A 30 minute warm up and then 3 x 30 minutes at race pace with an easy ride in between. For some reason when I woke up this morning, thinking of 2 hours on my bike sounded really overwhelming. It didn't help that my bike computer is broken so while I'm out on my bike I can't see how fast or how far I've gone. I haven't gotten around to replacing the computer yet.

Well this overwhelming feeling turned in to an anxiety attack. To make a long story short, my mom was ignoring my anxiety and that pissed me off & made my anxiety even worse. Well, it pissed me off just enough that I got on my bike and just decided to ride & ride until I couldn't ride any more.

Including 2 stops for more water, my TITS ended up being 3 hours, which totaled 39.7 miles and 2370 calories burned! There were some pretty decent hills on the ride & it was a pretty hot ride, but overall it was a good ride. The TITS gave me plenty of time to think and analyze things.

I wanted to go even farther on my ride today, but my back tire was getting low on air (not flat, but low) & I didn't want to use my only CO2 cartridge that I have right now to pump up the rest of my tire, so I called it quits.

It'll probably be 2 weeks before I get another long ride like that in, but I can't wait for that day!

No comments: