My Next Race

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Paint Fumes

The two weeks following Labor Day, my gym does their annual cleaning. They close & drain the pool, the locker rooms and the raquetball rooms and deep clean them.

I went up to the gym tonight to do my workout on a spinning bike and as soon as I walked in the door, I knew I wouldn't be there long. I walked in the door & paint fumes hit me like a TON of bricks!

I still went and got on the bike upstairs and I was able to do 20 minutes of cycling, but the paint fumes were just too much to handle. The only circulation they had was fans sitting on the floor going full blast, but other than that, it didn't seem like they had any circulation.

So, I cut my workout short tonight and instead of only having to run 6 miles tomorrow, I now need to incorporate 90 minutes of cycling in to my workout as well. And NO I won't be going to the gym. I won't be going to the gym until they open the pool back up in 1 1/2 weeks.

I just think that if they can't properly circulate air in the gym so that the paint fumes are so strong, they should close the entire gym down for 2 weeks. I'm thinking it's kind of dangerous to be working out in those conditions.

No comments: