My Next Race

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Recap of the Week

This last week has been a major challenge for me. I got my workout in on Monday & Tuesday; however I woke up Wednesday morning with a hell of a cold. :( Not happy. I felt like 10 lbs of crap in a 5 lb bag.

So, like a good athlete should, I didn't workout Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. I woke up Saturday morning and felt pretty good, so I rode my bike in to Salt Lake in to the Farmer's Market. It was a 24 mile round trip. It was a little harder of a ride than normal just because I still have the lingerings of a cold, but I was able to do it.

After I got home from my ride, I weighed myself. I expected to gain a little bit of weight, but I gained over 2 lbs this week! Usually when I can't workout my self control goes to pot and I just eat anything and everything. Well, I tried REALLY hard this week and I might have splurged a little here and there, but I thought I was really good. I'm very disappointed.

Lately also on Saturday's, which are my cheat day, I've been really good and instead of just binge eating I might have a little bit of something, but I'm not near as bad as I used to be. Well, after I weighed myself and saw that I gained 2 lbs, the binge eating started...and it carried over in to Sunday. :( I'm quite disappointed in myself.

I told myself that I would wake up Sunday morning and go swimming and running. I woke up Sunday morning and I didn't feel any worse than I did on Saturday, but I just couldn't bring myself to go to the pool. Honestly, because I'm still a little sick, it scares me to go swimming and that it's gonna be hard to breathe while swimming.

I've got to lose weight this next week. I've got to start running and swimming and biking this week. I've got a 1/2 marathon in 13 days. I've got to be ready for it. So...no matter how I feel in the morning, I HAVE to get up and swim. Right now my personal trainer has me only swimming 2 days a week, but because of how crappy I ate this weekend, I'm going to have to go swimming a third day as well. I have been really good about not straying from my trainer's plan, but I feel like I have to this week.

No comments: