My Next Race

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Happy Monkey Hummus

I usually don't post very much about food. I'd really like to, but I don't cook alot. I usually buy frozen meals and eat those because I don't have time to sit down and cook something healthy.

Well, here is a healthy food post! Yay!

As I posted in my last post, I rode my bike in to the farmer's market on Saturday to visit my friends who own Happy Monkey Hummus and to buy some of their divine hummus! (FYI - They aren't paying me to advertise for them, this is just one of my favorite local foods.)



Hummus is an awesome, healthy snack. It provides great protein and isn't too high in calories either. I believe for 3 oz. it's only 140-150 calories.

They have some awesome flavors. They have Original, Fire Roasted Bell Pepper, Roasted Garlic & Tomato, Margarita (limes, tequila, anaheim peppers, garlic, cilantro, cumin), Suesabi (soy sauce, garlic, ginger, wasabi radish, sesami seeds), XXX (chipotle peppers w/liquid, red peppers, cocoa powder, cumin, cinnamon, nutmeg), Buttnut (butternut squash), Beet My Monkey (beets), Spun Monkey (spicey) & a couple of others, just to name a few. All of their flavors but 2 are vegan friendly. The other 2 have cheese in them and are DIVINE!!!

One of my favorite ways to use their hummus is as a sandwich spread. It is SO good to put on a cucumber sandwich. Ooooh I'm craving one right now. I honestly don't have a favorite.

You can buy their product at the farmer's market until Oct 18th, Harmon's (statewide), Jade Market, The Store, Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort - Aerie Restaurant, and Whole Foods.

If you buy it, you'll have to comment on here & let me know how you like it.

No comments: