My Next Race

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

4th Street Clinic Tri

This last Saturday was the Fourth Street Clinic Triathlon. It was held up at the U of U.

This triathlon is probably the triathlon I was MOST nervous about. It was a mountain biking triathlon. I've never mountain biked before in my life! What was I thinking.

All I had was a $70 mountain bike from Wal-Mart. I just had a gut feeling that bike wasn't gonna cut it for this race. I put a plea out on Facebook and my dear friend Monica had a mountain bike I could borrow. It was a NICE mountain bike. I was right...my $70 bike from Wal-Mart wouldn't have cut it.

It was a swim/bike/run triathlon. The swim went ok. I could've done better, but I didn't have a good suction on my goggles for the first few laps so after every lap I had to stop & adjust my goggles. Finally after the third time stopping to adjust my goggles I got a good enough suction and I was able to finish the swim without having to stop.

Then it was off to the bike. Dear God, what had I gotten myself in to? Lol. I ended up walking probably 1/2 of the bike distance, but that's ok. I'm still proud of myself. During part of the bike, I thought to myself, I wish I would've brought my camera on the bike portion so I could take pictures so that you guys could see the trail. It took me almost 1 hour to do the bike portion.

I finally got back to transition and went off on the run. The run just took you 3.1 miles around the U of U campus. Holy crap, I knew the campus was big, but I didn't realize how big it was. I saw parts of the campus I never knew existed. Lol. The run wasn't too hard. I thought I was running a little faster than I was, but eh, it wasn't too big a deal.

My final time on the race was 1:35:46.6. It obviously wasn't my best time, but I'm ok with that. This was a race I'd never done before and it was a mountain biking race.

I would love to do this race again next year. Within the next year hopefully I'll be able to purchase a mountain bike and get better at mountain biking before this race next year.

Here are a couple of pictures for your enjoyment (P.S. The bathrooms really weren't barred off, but from this angle, it looked like it, so we decided to have fun with it! Lol.):









No comments: