My Next Race

Thursday, January 27, 2011

5 Seconds & 20 Strokes

I'm SO happy. I've improved my swim time by 5 seconds. Last time I did intervals in the pool with BJ, he had me swim 6 x 100 and my average time per 100 was 2:05-2:15.

Thursday night we did intervals again. We did the 6 x 100 and my average time was 2:00 per 100!!!! Wahoo!!! I think my best time was 1:57.

I was telling my brother about this (he's an awesome swimmer) and he said that it usually takes someone about a year to improve their time that much.

On another note...one of my last posts said that my swim strokes per 25 yds had decreased from 28 to 24. Well now, I'm consistently doing 20 strokes per 25 yds!!! I'm SO happy. Every once in a while, I'll be able to do 18 strokes, but that's pretty rare.

Now if I can just figure out how to do a damn flip turn! Lol. I have NO coordination, so this will be a challenge.

No comments: