My Next Race

Sunday, January 9, 2011

This Last Week

This last week has been another crazy week at work and I've eaten WAY too much and I only went to the gym twice and didn't even do my full workout both times...however, there is good news. I thought I would definitely gain probably 5 lbs that's how much I ate, but I only gained 0.4 lbs!!! I was SO excited.

Work is starting to slow down now though, so I'm WAY excited to start going back to the gym tomorrow morning.

This last Friday morning, I got to meet with my personal trainer and he coached me in my swimming. Wow! I didn't realize how much goes in to swimming to make you a faster swimmer. When I think faster swimmer, I think you need to move your arms faster, but that's not necessarily true. He has me doing all these drills in the water (they're kind of hard to explain), and I'm excited to get back in the pool tomorrow morning and do them and start losing this weight that I've gained.

All I have to say is God bless my personal trainer for having patience with me. First off, we haven't met in probably 4 weeks because his work schedule has been crazy and so has mine. Plus, I have not very much coordination so some of the different drills he has me do, I find quite hilarious. I'm surprised he doesn't burst out laughing at me. I wouldn't blame him if he did. I can't wait to start meeting with him on a regular basis now.

The main thing I can't wait for is my first race of the season to see how his coaching helps me in my races!

No comments: