My Next Race

Monday, January 31, 2011

I Won!!!

Last week the Salt Lake Running Co post on Facebook that their Free Stuff Friday contest was going to be that they were giving away some entries to The Canyonlands 1/2 Marathon in Moab, UT in March.

My friend that lives up in Spokane, WA is coming down for the race. I hadn't registered for the race, so I thought I'd compete in the contest. I basically had to comment on SLRC's post about the Free Stuff Friday and get as many people to "like" my comment as possible. 1st and 2nd place winners got 2 spots in the 1/2 marathon and then 3rd, 4th and 5th place winners got 1 spot in the race.

I came in 2nd place!!! Wahoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SO excited!!! My first race of the season wasn't going to be until April 2nd, but it's now been bumped up to March 18th!!!

My friend that is coming down from Spokane, she's going to let me ride down with her and stay in her hotel room with her. It's gonna be so nice to see her. I haven't seen her in probably 7 years.

Plus...I've never been to Moab. I've lived in Utah my whole life and never been to Moab. Well...I take that back. My dad tells me that I went to Moab when I was like 3 years old, but crap, I don't remember that. Lol. So, it's going to be like seeing Moab for the first time.

The day after the race, we're going to hike up to the Arches! I'm so excited. It's going to be a nice little getaway.

A HUGE thank you goes out to all that voted for me so that I could win.

No comments: