My Next Race

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Volunteering at Ironman


I'm SO stinkin' excited. Every May, they do the St. George Ironman. This is a qualifer for the big race over in Kona. My personal trainer, BJ, does this race every year.

This year, I'm volunteering at the St. George Ironman!!! I'll drive down the day before the race and then the morning of the race I'll be a body marker in the morning (write their bib # and age on their arms and legs). And then, 12 hours later, I'll head to the finish line and I'm going to be a catcher!!! If you're unfamiliar with what a "catcher" is, basically after you're done competing in an Ironman, your body is like Jell-O, therefore, they have the "catchers" at the finish line to help you walk over to the transition area/family/first aid/food, or whatnot.

I'm SO excited. This is going to be very inspiring. One day I hope to not be volunteering there and actually be a participant.

No comments: