My Next Race

Saturday, January 1, 2011

No Self Control

Wow! This week I gained 14 lbs! I don't think I've gained that much weight in a LONG time. I expected it though.

The first 2 weeks after Christmas are EXTREMELY busy at my job. For example, I clocked 61 hours this last week. But because I work such looooooooong days I don't have time to go to the gym at night and I get such little sleep (avg of 4 hours a night, if that) that I'm so thoroughly exhausted in the mornings from working long hours that I can barely get my ass out of bed to get to the gym in the mornings.

To top it all off, during these 2 weeks, my co-workers make it a "treat week" at work where everybody has to bring a treat one day. They've tried to make it healthy so that every day a different person brings either something salty, sweet, or healthy; however, their version of healthy & my version of healthy are 2 different things. Lol. I guess I gotta give them props for trying, right?

But, it seems that when I don't go to the gym, I have a hard time with self control. I really need to work on that. I'm definitely going to be working and focusing on that this year, 'cause this next Christmas, I don't wanna gain 14 lbs in one week.

However, one plus is, even though I've gained 14 lbs, I can still fit in my smallest pair of jeans! Granted, they're a little snug, but I can still zip & button without having to suck in my stomach or lie on the bed! Woot woot!

Another thing that added to the equation of gaining so much weight is I broke up with my boyfriend during the week, which caused major anxiety and depression; therefore I got the munchies SUPER bad.

So, starting tomorrow, it's back to the gym to gain back some muscle and drop these 14 lbs I just gained. No matter how tired I am, I've got to get my butt outta bed at 4:30 a.m. and go workout. No if's, and's or but's about it.

I hope my personal trainer isn't disappointed in me.

No comments: