My Next Race

Sunday, January 16, 2011

My First Week Back

The last week of 2010 and the first week of 2011 was completely crazy at work. Because of the job I have, it's like that every year. But, I worked like 120 hrs in those 2 weeks, so I had NO time whatsoever to work out. I was sad.

This last week is my first week back at the gym. It's been kind of rough, but I did it.

Over the holidays, I gained 14 lbs, but this week, I lost 7.2 lbs!!! I was seriously shocked!!! I worked out every day this last week and if I missed part of my workout, I made up for it another day.

I think the hardest part to get back used to was running. Monday morning I ran 4 miles. It was rough. There were a couple of times where I wanted to stop and walk...but I didn't. Before the 2 week hiatus from working out, I had got to a point where I could run at 6.5 mph, but I'm back down to 6.0 mph.

The swimming wasn't too bad at all. The first time I got back in the pool, I was getting winded pretty easily, but after that, it was no biggie at all.

Biking...I'm not able to use as much tension as I used to, but I hope to up the tension on the bike this next week and get back to normal. I'll keep you updated.

Weights, I can still do the poundage, but I wasn't able to do as many reps.

One thing about being in shape for so long and then not working out for 2 weeks, you get out of shape, but it doesn't take you long to get back in shape and get in to a routine.

No comments: