My Next Race

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Big Changes on the Way

This week, things are going to change. Drastically. I'm EXTREMELY nervous, but I'm excited too.

First off, I need to get serious about my working out again. I've been kind of relaxed about it, and I need to not be. I've found that I've been using excuses lately and I need to not use excuses. If I want to be an Ironman (one day it'll happen), I can't not take my workouts seriously.

So, my workouts this week are going to be:
Monday - Swim (200 swim/kick/pull, 4 x 200 swim with 100 pull).
Bike (90 minutes)
Run (4 miles)
Weights

Tuesday - Swim (200 swim/kick/pull, 4 x 200 swim with 100 pull).
Bike (90 minutes)
Run (4 miles)

Wednesday - Swim (200 swim/kick, 4 x 100 drills, 4 x 100 swim, 200 pull, 4 x 100
swim, 200 pull)
Bike (90 minutes)
Run (4 miles)
Weights

Thursday - Swim (200 swim/kick, 4 x 100 drills, 4 x 100 swim, 200 pull, 4 x 100
swim, 200 pull)
Bike (90 minutes)
Run (4 miles)

Friday - Swim (200 swim/kick/pull, 1000 swim, 4 x 100 drills)
Bike (90 minutes)
Run (4 miles)
Weights

Saturday - Run (9 miles)

Now, I'm going to put a disclaimer in here that some of the running might be done on the eliptical trainer just because I'm just getting over shin splints and I don't want to get them again.

The other thing that is changing this week that I am SUPER nervous about is my eating habits.

I have a dear friend that is a dietician. I went and saw her yesterday and we sat down and consulted about my food, etc., and I've got to make some major changes. This is probably why I'm having such a hard time losing any additional weight.

With the amount that I workout, I haven't been eating enough. This could contribute to my lack of energy as well.

My normal eating schedule Monday through Friday is:

Breakfast - Grits, lowfat yogurt, and a piece of fruit.
Lunch - A Smart Ones or Lean Cuisine Frozen meal (less than 300 cals) and a home made salad and maybe a piece of fruit.
Dinner - A Smart Ones or Lean Cuisine Frozen meal (less than 300 cals).

If I'm lucky, I'm consuming 1200 calories a day. Just on the bike, when I ride it for 90 minutes, I burn 1400+ calories.

I told Maria that I'm really nervous about eating more because I'm not used to it. For the past 3 years since I started training for triathlons, and losing weight, it's always been eat smaller portions and workout.

Well, Maria said that for starters, I need more protein in my diet. I'm not getting near enough protein. This will help with my hypoglycemia too.

So, my new eating schedule is going to be:

Breakfast - Grits, lowfat yogurt, and a piece of fruit.
Snack - A piece of fruit or a veggie and some sort of protein, whether it be cottage cheese, string cheese, vegetable and hummus, crackers, etc.
Lunch - A Smart Ones or Lean Cuisine Frozen meal (less than 300 cals) and a home made salad and maybe a piece of fruit. My salad that I used to make was using iceberg lettuce. She wants me to start using darker lettuce.
Snack - A piece of fruit or a veggie and some sort of protein, whether it be cottage cheese, string cheese, vegetable and hummus, crackers, etc.
Dinner - A Smart Ones or Lean Cuisine Frozen meal (less than 300 cals) and 1 cup of vegetables.
Snack - A piece of fruit or a veggie and some sort of protein, whether it be cottage cheese, string cheese, vegetable and hummus, crackers, etc.

Hopefully this will help with my weight loss and it will help with my energy. I'm just super nervous because to me, that sounds like a TON of food.

I will keep you all posted this week on how it goes.

No comments: