My Next Race

Monday, June 20, 2011

What I Want

This weekend while doing the Ragnar Relay, I figured out exactly what I want as far as a spouse, etc.

My personal trainer, B.J. and his wife Chrystel competed in the Ragnar. I saw them a couple of times throughout the race. They have an 8 year old son too and he was there. He didn't compete in the race, but he was there with them.

That is what I want. I want a spouse that enjoys doing 1/2 marathons, marathons, relays and triathlons with me.

I've always been afraid that if I were to get married and have a family that would be the end of triathlons and marathons, etc., but seeing B.J. and Chrystel competing in the Ragnar this weekend with friends and bringing their son along with them proved to me that you can have a family and still do triathlons etc.

The only problem is, I don't know how to go about finding that person. People have always said that a good place to meet someone is at the gym. Well, they've never been to the gym I go to. Because of the neighborhood and city I live in, alot of people are married. Every guy I've seen at the gym is married. :( Plus, alot of guys when they workout don't wear a wedding ring, so how do you know if they're married or not?

I just don't know how to go about finding someone who likes to do the same things I do. I guess that's why I'm still happily single.

No comments: