My Next Race

Sunday, February 13, 2011

2nd Job Needed

I tell ya, being healthy isn't cheap. Sometimes I say to myself "It sure was easier being fat", and yes, it was easier, but it's not worth it. I would so much rather have this hard life of finding time to workout and everything like that because I love it so much more.

Because being healthy isn't cheap, I am now in need of a second job. This season of my triathlons and 1/2 marathons is the most expensive season I've had so far. I'm afraid next season is going to be more.

I'm eventually going to need to upgrade to a better bike, and right now, the bike I'm looking at is at least $1,500. The helmet that I want, because it is aerodynamic, and will help me go faster, is $165, and that's not the cheapest helmet out there.

Unfortunately, I'm not good enough to get sponsors yet, so all of this has to come out of pocket.

So far this season, just in registration fees, I've paid over $600, and I still have to get a hotel for 1 of my races. I eventually would LOVE to do a race out of state, and that will cost even more because then you have to figure in transportation, hotel, plus, most out of state races are USAT sanctioned, therefore they cost more.

I need to become a member of USAT and NUTs. It's just crazy how expensive it is to be healthy. But you know what? I wouldn't trade it for the world.

No comments: