My Next Race

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My Passion

I know this might sound silly, but after 3 years of working out and doing triathlons, it really hit me tonight that it is my passion.

I got done swimming and running at the gym tonight and headed back to the locker room to get my bags and a lady apologized to me for having all of her stuff spread out and blocking one of my lockers.

I told her "Oh don't worry, I'm the same way. I've got to have 2 lockers. I bring so much stuff to the gym, it's ridiculous."

She laughed it off and said she brings so much stuff to the gym she feels like she should be training for a triathlon or something. I told her that's what I am doing, and that just struck up a conversation.

She is debating signing up for a triathlon. I told her to DO IT! They are SO awesome! We just got talking and stood there talking about triathlons and how I'd lost over 100+ pounds and how I'm doing 15 races this year, blah blah blah.

As I was talking to this stranger, I noticed that I was getting a lump in my throat and I was getting kind of emotional about it all. I was also getting chills, and it's not because I was cold either. Lol. It was the good kind of chills. I don't think I've really experienced that before when talking about "my story" to people. Maybe it's because the people that I've told my story to have watched it unfold, you know?

But, this just really reinforced to me that what I am doing is what I need to be doing right now in my life. It's what I absolutely LOVE and that I need to share my story with anybody willing to listen.

Seriously, if I can do it, so can you! This is my passion! I wish I had another way to spread the word to people.

No comments: