My Next Race

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Olympic Distance Triathlon

Yesterday I signed up to do my first Olympic distance triathlon! Wahoo!!! I'm SO excited, yet I'm scared out of my pants. This is also my first open water triathlon too.

This triathlon will be at Jordanelle Reservoir here in Utah on August 20th. So, at least I have time to prepare for it. I'm now a member of Northern Utah Triathletes (NUTs) and they have open water clinics when the weather gets warmer, so that'll help me out too.



For those that aren't too familiar, The only triathlons I've ever done are sprint distance triathlons and most of them have been in the order of run/bike/swim.

With the sprint distance triathlons, you have to:
Run: 3.2 miles
Bike: 10-12 miles
Swim: 0.5 miles

An Olympic distance triathlon, you have to:
Swim: 0.93 miles
Bike: 24.86 miles
Run: 6.2 miles.

I know I can do it because I know I've run a 10k before, I swim 0.93 miles almost every day and I've rode my bike 50 miles before, it just makes me super nervous. But, I'm super excited too. Yay!

No comments: