My Next Race

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Flip Turn

Let me start off by saying I'm the most uncoordinated person I know.

With that being said, I sure wish I could do a flip turn when swimming. I know that would cut down on my swim time.

This morning when I went swimming it took me about 6:10 to swim 300 yards, which isn't too bad, but I'm pretty sure I could get rid of those 10 seconds by doing flip turns. Too bad I'm uncoordinated, huh?

Everybody says it's easy and I'll you have to do is basically do a somersault in the water. Well guess what? I've NEVER been able to do a somersault in the water. Even when I was a kid and we were messing around in the pool, I wasn't able to do a somersault in the pool. I've never been able to do a hand stand in the pool either.

Maybe one day I'll be able to do a flip turn. :)

No comments: