My Next Race

Saturday, July 2, 2011

IMCdA in 2013?


Earlier this week a neighbor of mine posted this article on my Facebook wall about the Ironman.

I showed the article to my friend Christy that lives up in Spokane and she said that she thinks it would be awesome if her & I did an Ironman by the time we're 35. I had originally set a goal to finish an Ironman by the time I was 40 (8 years away), but after reading this article I decided that yeah, I could do it by the time I was 35 (3 yrs away).

Well, last night I was chatting with my friend Christy on Facebook and we decided that 2013 will be the year of the Ironman. Our goal is in 2013 to do the IMCdA!!!

That doesn't seem very far away, but I know I can do it! I'm gonna have to register in 2012 and it costs $600 to do it, but I think it would be worth every penny. Next year I'll have to do a 1/2 Ironman to get ready for it and then just do only Olympic distance triathlons.

I think it would be AWESOME if I can finish an Ironman in the alotted 17 hrs. When I do the IMCdA, my first hurdle will be to finish the swim of 2.4 miles in 2:20:00 or less.

I figure if the guy in this article can do it, so can I! I'm so excited!!!

No comments: