My Next Race

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

What Are We Thinking?

What are we thinking? My friend Christy is coming in to town this Friday for her grandma's birthday party. While she's here, Christy, her Uncle James, me and my boss Sylvia are going to run the Legacy Midnight 1/2 Marathon. It starts at 10:00 p.m. on Friday night. I'm so excited because I didn't get to run with Christy when she did the Moab Canyonlands 1/2 Marathon, so now I'll get to race with her in this.

But then, I was on Facebook earlier this week and saw a guy talking about the Tour de Donut which is Saturday morning at 9:00 a.m. It's down in American Fork. If you're not aware of what the Tour de Donut is, it's a charity bicycle race. You ride your bike in a 7 mile loop, then you stop and eat as many donuts as you can. Then you ride that 7 mile loop again, then stop and eat as many donuts as you can. Then lastly, you ride the 7 mile loop once more to the finish line. You get 3 minutes off of your final time for every donut you eat! How fun does that sound?

It sounds like so much fun that Christy, James, Sylvia and I are going to do it!!! It's literally gonna be like 6-7 hours after our 1/2 marathon. It'll be fun though! We're not treating it like a race though. It's gonna be a nice bike ride with donuts for us. However, I'll tell ya right now, I don't know if I can eat very many donuts. We shall see.

No comments: