My Next Race

Friday, July 29, 2011

Time/Pace Issues

I'm having serious timing issues. It's quite frustrating.



I used to be able to run between a 9:30 - 9:40 mile and now it's all the way down to an 11:00 mile. I don't understand why I've slowed down so much. I can understand not running as fast as soon as I get done with a 25 - 30 mile bike ride. My legs are tired. I can understand that, but this last Wednesday I went for a 4 mile run and it took me 44 minutes. :(

I haven't been working with my personal trainer lately, but we're going to start working together again. He says that I might have plateau'd. I trust what he says. I really do. He is like a super athlete. I dream of being as good as he is. One day I will be as good as he is, so I know he knows what he's talking about, but I just don't understand it.

When I think of plateau'ing, I think of staying the same time and not improving, not decreasing my time. Does that make sense?

My personal trainer also says that I may be over training. That is a slight possibility. I told my trainer that at one time, I will admit it, yes I was overtraining. But, I've learned my lesson from that. My body was rebelling against me. BAD! So, I've cut back quite drastically on my overtraining and have stuck with the last workout that he sent me. The only thing I do differently is I always run 4 miles a day, even though he says on a couple of days to run 3 miles (I'm going to try that next week) and I swim every day (I'm going to try cutting down on that next week too).

I'm suffering with my swimming too. I swam 1000 yards this morning and it took me 24 minutes. It should only take me 20 - 21 minutes. :( I'm very frustrated because I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm doing everything that my personal trainer has taught me to do.



I have started doing weights again, so that should help with my timing, but I haven't seen the difference quite yet. I've definitely seen the difference in my biking, but not my running and swimming yet. Maybe this next week I will.

I just can't wait to start training with my personal trainer again.

No comments: