My Next Race

Monday, May 2, 2011

First Day Back

Today was my first day back to eating healthy and working out. Honestly, it feels like it's been weeks since I've worked out, but I did workout a couple of days last week.

I was concerned today because I didn't get up to go swimming this morning. I didn't get to bed until 1:30 a.m. and I have to get up at 4:30 a.m. to go swimming. I can go swimming on 4 hours of sleep, but getting 3 hours of sleep and then trying to tell your body that 4:30 a.m. is ok to get up to go swim a little over a mile, yeah, that doesn't go over too well.

So, yeah, I was concerned that I'd just eat anything and everything in sight at work today since I didn't workout.

I feel like I did pretty good. I ate breakfast at work, so I had 2 pieces of cinnamon raisin toast with butter and a yogurt and fresh fruit.

I didn't snack at all between breakfast and lunch. Finally lunch came and I had an easy mac & cheese (220 calories) and a salad. I decided to splurge a little bit and I had a tapioca pudding and then I bought a banana for a snack later.

After lunch, I got back up to my desk and someone had pulled some baby carrots out of the fridge and put them out for everybody to snack on! Yay!!! Something I can snack on.

I was really hungry around 4:00 so I had my dinner, which was only 220 calories and it was a microwave pasta thing. The packaging makes it look not too appetising, but it was REALLY good.

I came home and ate 2 oranges and then went straight to the gym. I did 4.4 miles on the eliptical trainer and then did 25 miles on the spinning bike. I went downstairs to go swimming, but every stinkin' changing room was taken. As soon as one changing room was taken, I was getting ready to head in to it, and some lady beat me to it. :( Unfortunately, I'm not like other ladies at the gym and I don't like to bare all out in the open to change my clothes. So...I didn't swim tonight.

My plan tomorrow is to get up at 4:30, go swimming, come home and then swim again (to make up for today) and then bike and run and do weights.

It feels so good to be back on the wagon. :)

No comments: