My Next Race

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Splash & Sprint Tri

Yesterday was the Splash & Sprint Triathlon at the Rec Center up the street from my house. This is my second time competing in this triathlon.

It wasn't my best race, but it wasn't my worst race. My final time was 1:28:05.

The race was in the swim/bike/run order. Most of my races are in that order this year. I think I only have maybe 2 or 3 races that are in the run/bike/swim order.

The swim went well. I don't have a break down of my time yet, but I think I swam the 350 yards in about 8 1/2 minutes. If that's right, that is my best swim time EVER!!! I should have a break down of my time tomorrow. As soon as I get a break down of my time, I will post that as well.

One frustrating thing about having the swim first is there are SO many people in the pool, that sometimes you can't swim as fast as you would like. Yesterday when I was swimming, the guy behind me kept tickling the bottom of my feet, which typically means, move over to the left so they can pass you. Well, I was swimming as far to the left in the lane as I could and he would NEVER pass me. He was getting frustrated wtih me, but he had many times that he could pass me and he didn't. If he knew he could swim faster than those he was around, he should have picked a faster swim time.

One cool thing about the swim was my personal trainer, he was the guy at the beginning of the race that got on the microphone and told everybody how they were seeding the swim and that you had to swim twice in each lane, etc. After the race started, he went to the door that we had to run out to go to the transition area. As I was running out of the swim, it was just really cool to hear him say "Go Ara! You're doing great!" It was just awesome! It has been important for me to have him see me race and see how his work has helped me so much.

I think I could've done better if the wind wasn't blowing so damn hard. The wind blowing made the bike portion of the race SUPER hard for me. For most of the bike, we were riding in to the wind. At one point, I was riding East and the wind was blowing so hard that I could feel the wind blowing me South.

Because the wind was blowing so hard on the bike, I had to pedal harder; therefore I got a harder workout on my legs, so when I went out on the run, my legs were SUPER tired and I know I wasn't running as fast as I would've liked. It'll be interesting to see how long it took me to run and see what my pace was.

Oh well, at least it wasn't my worst time and I didn't come in last! Yay!

A big thanks to my sister-in-law for taking pictures! Here are pictures of me from the race. I'm the one in the bright pink swim cap. :)








No comments: