My Next Race

Sunday, May 8, 2011

I ran 6 miles!

Before I had shin splints, I ran 6-10 miles almost every day and then on Saturday or Sunday, I would do a long run (10+ miles). I wasn't very good at stretching before I ran either. Hence why I ended up getting shin splints.

Well, ever since I had shin splints, it took everything to run between 3-4 miles and I would still be in a little bit of pain.

Well, I now have a 1/2 marathon coming up in about 10 weeks, so yesterday I was determined to run 6 miles. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to do it, but I went up to the gym and guess what? I ran 6 miles!!! Yay!!! I ran it on a treadmill and I ran it at 6.2/mph! Guess what? It didn't hurt either!

I feel like I'm finally making progress from having shin splints, thank God! I just need to remember to stretch before and stretch after and ice down after and I'll be good.

I can't wait to run my 1/2 marathon in July!

No comments: